Erdas is the world in which the books are set in.
Erdas is made up of seven continents and is based off of Earth:
- Amaya (The Americas)
- Eura (Europe)
- Zhong (Asia)
- Nilo (Africa)
- Stetriol ("The Lost Lands") (Australia and Indonesia)
- Arctica (Antarctica, Arctic Circle).
In Wild Born, Rollan mentioned that Meilin spoke the 'Common' language. Each continent has their own languages (and many sub-languages, presumably) but 'Common' is most likely a language that is taught to the majority of people over all of the continents, similar to English in the real world. The languages of Erdas were rarely touched upon until Immortal Guardians and the books thereafter, where several characters spoke their native languages. Rollan also taught Abeke some Amayan hand signals and their meanings.
- Sterol was formerly under Conqueror control
- Zhong has fallen to the Conquerors, but still has a little bit of resistance,(not anymore).
- In the game, Nilo has lands resembling both Egypt and Southern Africa, accurately proving it is based on Africa. Zhong's lands look like Chinese fortresses, Eura's maps look like mountainous plains and Amaya has maps resembling both the Northern United States (North America) and Rain forests with Aztec structures. (South America and possibly Mexico).
- Like the Americas, Amaya is known as 'The New Lands'.
- Nilo's name may be based off of the Nile River, the longest river in Africa.