The SA Game is an online RPG made to accompany the main Spirit Animals series.
The Spirit Animals game is located and accessed through the website. The game itself has a level 40 cap (Recently Updated to a level 300 cap). Levels 2 to 40 each have a special "Heroic" Quest to defeat a Conqueror; Levels 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35 and 40 quests involve retrieving a Talisman.
SA is an RPG (Role-playing game), which means you are playing the role of the Keeper. As Keeper, you play the role of retrieving Talismans and aiding Worthy, and defeating bile animals, wyrm creatures, and Conquerors.Throughout the game, you obtain new armor and weapons, as well as new, and more powerful skills. If you have bought or borrowed a Spirit Animals book, it will come with a code that you can enter to redeem in-game rewards (usually gold or Greenheart Tokens). When you enter a code, it will prompt you to find specific words in the book, to avoid "fake" codes.
Spirit Animals is an RPG game based on the Spirit Animals books. As of the 3rd of August 2015, Keith F. (an admin for the game) has announced that there are going to be 27 spirit animals in total to choose, which includes the Fox, Tiger, Penguin, and Komodo Dragon, and much more. Most players earn armor, experience, equipment and gold by playing quests. There are four types of quests: casual quests (which are free and yield a small amount of rewards), normal quests (which yield more rewards) and challenging quests (which yields epic rewards; a treasure room is guaranteed). There are also heroic quests, which gives a large amount of XP and occasionally talismans. Some quests can be taken on for a number of tokens or coins.
You can currently take on quests in Nilo, Zhong, Amaya, or Eura. You can also take on underground quests by talking to Worthy in the courtyard. In the final battle with Drina, you fight in Greenhaven. (See Drina for a guide to the final battle.)
|Zhong|| Black Bear|
|Eura|| Grizzly Bear|
Each region has its own set of bile animals. The bile animals will typically be 1-3 levels higher than you, but are fairly easy to defeat. Some animals also have special attacks, such as:
- Bears will perform an circular area attack around them that slows players in and around the circle.
- Big cats (lions, lynxes, jaguars ect.) will stand up on their hind legs and quickly attack players that are directly in front of them for a few seconds.
- Hoofed animals (wildebeest, zebras, elk ect.) will stand a certain distance away from a player and then charge, resulting in a stun. They can also heal themselves.
- Spiders poison players when they attack.
- Raccoons and Tanukis will use vine growth, which will slow players caught in the area of effect.
- Snakes will spit balls of poison at players.
The difficulty of a bile animal is determined by its color and the amount of skulls by its tag. The order from easiest to hardest is as follows: Green, yellow(1 skull), orange(2 skulls), red(3 skulls), purple(boss + crown icon). These colors are indicated by the tile beneath the animal.
Being an online game, the Spirit Animals RPG comes with multiplayer features. Each player-made server, or Council, can contain up to 10 people at one time. You may start your own council or create a private council. In the council is the default map with the general room, merchant, armory, skills etc. available for use. There is a chat feature with a filtered dictionary and can be toggled on/off in the settings menu.
You can choose to join up with 3 other random players in a multiplayer quest. The mini game is designed in waves, with each round increasing in difficulty. A Boss is randomly chosen along with randomized Bile Animals and their difficulty levels. At Wave 8, the player comes to a large, circular courtyard. After they beat that wave, they trace their steps back. Upon defeating Wave 10, there is a possibility to earn a Greenheart token.
A defeated player will teleport to an empty room and be given a countdown until they are revived and sent back into the wave. If all players are defeated, then the game is over. The option to spectate allies is available through the glowing orb pedestals, each shining with a different color. After the boss is defeated and the round ends, a menu will pop up with the results and rewards along with the next round's enemies. Items and XP can be earned each round and players on the side bar will be given a title for their performance during the wave. It will give the player the option to either continue to the next wave or leave.
In addition to co-op quests, PvP quests were added. The matches are generally 2 vs. 2. The objective is to destroy the enemies base. However, it's a lot more complicated than that. The game has two phases, attacking and defending. During attack, one team gets 4 AI soldiers that attack the enemy. The defenders try to protect their base and towers. There are two towers, and both are able to fire a projectile at the enemy team. Once all 4 AI soldiers are dead, the roles switch. Another feature is power ups. One way to get them is by killing an opponent. When any enemy soldier is defeated, the opposing team obtains double attack for 10 seconds. There are two areas on the map where they can be obtained.
There is currently 27 animals you can summon in the game. They are sorted into 7 categories: Horses, Foragers, Reptiles, Penguins, Bears, Birds, Felines, and Canines.
|Zebra||Raccoon||Komodo Dragon||Emperor Penguin||Moon Bear||Raven||Tiger||Fox|
|Mustang||Red Panda||Bearded Dragon||Blue Penguin||Kermode Bear||Hawk||Panther||Husky|
|Fell Pony||Civet||Fire Salamander||Royal Penguin||Grizzly Bear||Osprey||Cheetah||Red Wolf|
|Sabino Horse||---||Gecko||---||Blue Bear||---||---||---|
Channel the agility of your spirit animal to greatly increase your movement and attack speed.
Draw nearby enemies in, then stun them
Call upon the freezing winds of your spirit animal's home to push back enemies.
Damage a single target and poison them over time.
Aim carefully and fire a devastating arrow strike that can not be blocked.
Call lightning from the sky to strike the ground in several places nearby.
The cunning of your spirit animal allows you to disappear in a flash, reappearing nearby.
Does damage and stuns enemies by spinning with your spirit animal and weapon.
The bond with your spirit animal allows you to summon a crag of ice to trap an enemy for some time.
Your spirit animal releases a burst of flame that damages anyone in range - friend or foe.
Throw a snare on the ground to trap enemies.
Drain life-giving moisture from opponents overtime, absorbing some to heal yourself and your allies.
Charge forward, stunning and knocking back foes while delivering damage.
Level 2: Increase stun radius
Level 3: Increase charge speed
Level 4: Increase stun duration
Apply a salve of willow extract to heal minor wounds.
Level 2: Increase health regeneration
Level 3: Remove negative effects
Level 4: Heal nearby allies
Shatter a vial of silverwood sap on the ground, slowing enemies who touch it.
Level 2: Increase radius
Level 3: Increase duration
Level 4: Reduce recharge time
Damage and knock back surrounding enemies with a fearsome cry.
Level 2: Increase radius
Level 3: Reduce recharge time
Level 4: Increase damage
Launch a personal decoy to distract enemies while you jump to safety.
Level 2: Dash backwards to avoid enemy attacks
Level 3: Armour strength increased
Level 4: Create a personal decoy to distract enemies
Grow a wall of thorn that blocks you from your enemies and slow them down.
Level 2: Increase slow effect
Level 3: Reduce recharge time
Level 4: Increase width of wall
The armor in the game varies in shape, material, and power- there are four levels of rarity; common (gray), rare (blue), legendary (purple), and unique (yellow; unique armor is usually difficult to find.). Armor includes weapons and talismans as well as clothes. The clothes/armor you find will come in various materials- the common ones are tellunum, kingwood, and redheart- and sometimes come in sets based off of the Great Beasts.
A list of all level 40 Unique Items, (donated by Cen)
|Armor Name||Amount of Armor||Perk||Bonus|
|Glowwood Chestplate||356||Frost Armor/ Formerly Rebounding||+3.5% crit rate|
|Glowwood Gloves||178||None||+3.5% crit rate|
|Glowwood Leggings||224||None||+3.5% crit rate|
|Glowwood Shoes||134||None||+3.5% crit rate|
|Wild Weald Chestplate||356||Spiked||+3.5% health|
|Wild Weald Gloves||178||None||+3.5% health|
|Wild Weald Leggings||224||None||+3.5% health|
|Wild Weald Shoes||134||None||+3.5% health|
|Golden Sky Breastplate||499||Reflective||+3.5% melee speed|
|Golden Sky Gauntlets||250||None||+3.5% melee speed|
|Golden Sky Leg guards||314||None||+3.5% melee speed|
|Golden Sky Boots||187||None||+3.5% melee speed|
|Meteorite Breastplate||499||Friction Burn||+3.5% Move Speed|
|Meteorite Gauntlets||250||None||+3.5% Move Speed|
|Meteorite Leg Guards||314||None||+3.5% Move Speed|
|Meteorite Boots||187||None||+3.5% Move Speed|
All level 40 unique weapons have a 10.5% bonus.
Most weapons have a critical hit chance of 9%.
|Weapon||Attack Damage||Attack Speed||Bonus||Perk|
|Iron Warhammer of Rumfuss||13252||104||Crit Rate||Cleansing Burst|
|Crystal Warhammer of Suka||13252||104||Melee Damage||Undaunting|
|Silver Ax of Briggan||14353||96||Melee Speed||Synergistic Bond|
|Bronze Dagger of Halawir||8847||156||Move Speed||Cleansing Burst|
|Coral Warhammer of Mulop||13252||104||Health||Unyielding|
|Granite Ax of Arax||14353||96||Crit Rate||Unrelenting|
|Jade Staff of Gerathon||11050||125||Crit Rate||Symbiotic Bond|
|Platinum Staff of Tellun||11050||125||Melee Damage||Symbiotic Bond|
|Amber Dagger of Uraza||8847||156||Crit Rate||Unrelenting|
|Slate Sword of Dinesh||12151||114||Move Speed||Cleansing burst|
|Marble Spear of Ninani||13252||104||Move Speed||Synergistic Bond|
|Obsidian Ax of Kovo||14353||96||Melee Damage||Unrelenting|
|Bamboo Staff of Jhi||11050||125||Health||Unyielding|
|Gold Sword of Cabaro||12151||114||Melee Damage||Unyielding|
|Copper Sword of Essix||12151||114||Crit Rate||Unrelenting|
|Weapon||Attack Damage||Attack Speed||Bonus||Perk|
|Compound Shot||9493||133||Ranged Damage||Seeker|
|Bird of Prey||9493||133||Movement Speed||Spirit Bolt|
|Ramrod Ballista||15758||80||Crit rate||Seeker|
|Charging Buck||15758||80||Movement Speed||Spirit Bolt|
|Serpent’s Sting||9493||133||Crit Rate||Seeker|
|Retractable Sniper||9493||133||Ranged Speed||Spirit Bolt|
|Scorpion Trigger||15758||80||Ranged Damage||Tri-shot|
Note: All unique weapons have roughly the same dps
Throughout the game, one fights for the powerful Talismans to get an advantage over the Conquerors. These Heroic Quests are gained every once in a while. In these quests, you must fight a "boss animal", similar to the cavern Heroic Quests, prior to deafening Maddox. Besides being influential in the books, they also give huge boosts in the game. When one is equipped, it gives a high stat boost.
Every talisman offers a 20% boost in a certain attribute.
|Talisman||Boost||Level Heroic Quest Unlocked|
|Amber Leopard of Uraza||Higher Melee Attack Speed||Level 10|
|Marble Swan of Ninani||Higher Movement Speed||Level 15|
|Bamboo Panda of Jhi||Higher Health||Level 20|
|Copper Falcon of Essix||Higher Ranged Attack Damage||Level 25|
|Obsidian Ape of Kovo||Higher Melee Attack Damage||Level 30|
|Silver Wolf of Briggan||Higher Chance of Critical Attack||Level 35|
|Bronze Eagle of Halawir||Faster Ranged Attack Speed||Level 40|
Sets and Uniques
- Undaunting: Weapon does more damage based on how many enemies are attacking you, with 5% more damage done with every enemy after the first.
- Boost XP: You and your allies gain 5% more XP. The more allies who have this perk, the higher the bonus- up to 20%!
- Friction burn: While in motion, leaves a short-lived burning trail that damages enemies on contact.
- Rebounding: Enemies that attack you from close range have a 20% chance of being pushed away.
- Unrelenting: Weapon damage increases by 10% each time the same enemy is struck, up to 50% total. The bonus resets to 0% if a different enemy is struck.
- Synergistic bond: The target is marked for 3 seconds. A marked target takes 15% extra damage from spirit animals or allies. Targets can only have one mark at a time. Each hit renews the mark.
- Symbiotic bond: When your spirit animal attacks an enemy, you receive a small portion of health.
- Cleansing burst: Animals freed from enslavement expel its evil effects in a small burst that damages nearby enemies.
- Unyielding: Weapon does increased damage if your health is low. At 5% health, the weapon does 90% extra damage!
- Spiked: Enemy melee attackers are damaged for 25% of your attack strength.
- Spirit bolt: Ranged weapon fires one or more additional mystical projectiles, which seek enemies other than the one you're targeting and deals minor damage.
- Tri-Shot: Ranged weapon fires three arrows at different angles, which allows you to defeat multiple enemies at once. Especially useful in Multiplayer mode.
- Frost Armor: Enemies that attack you from close range have a 20% chance of being slown.
- The music in the game menu is called Battle of the Shadow Elves and is composed by Chris Haigh. The music is also in a game called Stick Wars.
- The max melee speed is 215. This is using full Golden Sky, the Amber Leopard of Uraza, the Penance of Red, and a level 40 unique dagger.
- The max melee damage is 18,730. This is using the Obsidian Axe and Ape of Kovo.
- The max health is 9,378. This is using the Bamboo Staff and Panda of Jhi, the Hunter's Favor, The Penance of Red, and full Wild Weald.
- The max armor is 1,479. This is using The Promise of Green, The Viridian Coil/Tide Cutter, and full Golden Sky/Meteorite.
- More Later